Just like the postman knows where to deliver a letter because he knows the address, a browser will find out where to look for a site from the domain name. Finding a domain name is becoming more and more difficult – the registration of international top-level domains – .com, .net, .org , .info, .biz (there were approximately 132.5 million of them late 2012) is done almost instantaneously . New domains are registered every day but many go out too. A name that is available today might not be tomorrow, so it is important to register as soon as possible.
registered domain names
registered country domains
new domains registered every day
.com domains go out every day
.com or a country domain or something else?
Basic rules for the selection of a successful domain name
- The name should be short and simple. However, it is better to have a long name that makes sense than a meaningless short name.
- Let it contain your company, activity, service or product name.
- Avoid names that are complicated to spell.
- It is good to include popular keywords or terms that are often searched for in the search engines.
- If you add something specific or unusual it will be easier to remember.
- The name must be part of a comprehensive branding strategy.
- If there is already a similar .com domain don’t take the same .net domain. Also, consider how justified is the selection of atypical domains (. me, . tv , etc.).
Price of a domain
Frontispiece can assist you in selecting and buying domain names through our partner companies.
- For Croatian companies, one .hr domain is free and additional domains are €80, $105 or £67. Companies can have up to nine additional domains but they have to be registered in Croatia.
- Each country has its own rules and prices in terms of the registration of domain names, with more or less bureaucracy.
- The price of the registration and extension of .com, .net., .org, .info. and .biz domains is €11, $15 or £10, .tv domain €36, $48 or £30 , .me domain €36, $48 or £30.
- If you ordered design and hosting with us, the registration of a .com, .net, .org, .info. or .biz domain is free of charge.